The Haute Route is the famous high level 120km Ski touring route that works its way through the high peaks and glaciated terrain between Chamonix and Zermatt. There are many variations on the Haute Route and our aim with the Splitboarders haute route is to find some of the best riding available on the long journey between these start and finish destinations.
By its very nature, the Haute Route is a serious high level 'traverse' of the highest Alpine peaks and is a big 7 day mountain hut to mountain hut adventure and should not be underestimated.
Whilst our plan is to find the best riding available on route, anyone partaking in this epic journey must be ready to endure the difficulties of some seriously long days of Splitboard touring and the extremes that this high Alpine journey will entail both on the long ascents and epic descents.
Participants must have very good Splitboarding experience, excellent fitness and a very high level of Backcountry riding.
The BC Splitboard Haute route course is designed for those that have tasted the future of Backcountry Splitboarding touring through the BC Splitboard Freeride and Touring courses and now want more of the same on the very biggest scale.
The BC Splitboard courses are a creative vision of the future of BC Snowboarding!
- Day 1 - Avalanche search and rescue training and Splitboard touring and preperation for the tour ahead.
- Day 2 - Splitboard touring
- Day 3 - Splitboard touring
- Day 4 - Splitboard touring
- Day 5 - Splitboard touring
- Day 6 - Splitboard touring
- Day 7 - Splitboard touring
- 7 days on snow Guidance with fully qualified UIAGM Mountain Guides (ratio 1:4).
- Avalanche safety equipment and avalanche search and rescue training.
- Crevasse rescue and rope technique training for glacier travel.
- All Backcountry access equipment including Splitboards and training.
Price does not include:
- Mountain Hut fees.
- Lift passes.
- transport between locations on route (shared cost)
- Flights (nearest airport is Geneva).
- Airport transfers.
- Personal insurance.
- Personal snowboarding and touring equipment and backpack capable of carrying your board (35L minimum)
Our Backcountry Splitboard Freeride and Touring courses cater for Advanced Snowboarders who have previously attended our Backcountry Splitboard Intro course. A good fitness level and a minimum of 5 to 6 weeks riding experience is recommended.
Itineries can change due to conditions at the descretion of the Guide.
For safety reasons ‘Riders unable to meet the required criteria for their chosen course may be unable to complete that course at the discretion of the course leader’. For more information on course requirements please read our Choosing a Course & Course Prerequisits section.